Skip to content

Dardenne Prairie Auto Insurance

Auto Insurance

If you want to drive in Missouri, you need to carry the minimum auto insurance required by the state. Luckily, at Lang Insurance, we carry dozens of auto insurance products for every need and budget because we’re independent agents. We enjoy helping our neighbors in Dardenne Prairie find the coverage they’re looking for so they have the peace of mind they’re in compliance with Missouri laws.

Minimum Missouri Auto Insurance Coverage

While you may elect to carry more coverage, all drivers in Missouri must have at least the minimum required by law. That includes the three types of coverage below.

Bodily Injury Liability

Missouri law says that you must have at least $25,000 per person per accident in bodily injury liability insurance, as well as $50,000 total to cover an accident in which you are deemed to be at fault. This type of insurance pays for medical bills if another driver or the occupants of their vehicle are injured.

Property Damage Liability

Property damage liability is also required in Missouri, in case property like another person’s vehicle, landscaping, mailboxes, or fencing is damaged in an accident in which you are at fault. You must carry at least $10,000 in property damage liability coverage. This does not, however, cover damage to your vehicle, which you can protect with collision insurance.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage

There are still uninsured motorists on the road in Missouri, so this type of coverage protects you if there are medical bills or damages when another driver is at fault but has no insurance coverage or insufficient insurance coverage. You must carry a minimum of $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident in this category.

Additional Auto Insurance

Many policyholders elect to add more coverage to their auto policy, especially if the vehicle is new or is being financed by a third party that requires more protection. With collision and comprehensive insurance, plus the mandatory liability coverage listed above, you will have “full coverage.”

Collision Coverage

You will be grateful for this type of coverage if your vehicle is involved in an accident and needs to be repaired or replaced. We recommend this coverage if you rely on your vehicle for work, school, or childcare so you can continue with normal life after an accident. We’ll work out a cap for collision coverage based on the value of your vehicle.

Comprehensive Coverage

Comprehensive auto insurance covers your car or truck if it is vandalized, stolen, or damaged, such as by a natural disaster or fire. It’s a great complement with collision coverage.

Get in Touch for Auto Insurance Today

We’re here whenever you’re ready to chat about your auto insurance needs. We’ll get all your questions answered as we’re pros at insurance education. You’ll understand exactly how your policy works in case you ever have to file a claim.

Stay in compliance with Missouri driving laws and enjoy peace of mind on the road as well with the right auto policy. Call us at 636-229-7000 or use our handy online contact form to request a quick quote.