Before It Gets Cold
• Check and drain the water supply lines to your sprinkler or irrigation system
• Disconnect and drain outdoor hoses and place an inexpensive foam cover over the faucet.
• Insulate water pipes.
• Know how to shut off your water.
As Temperatures Drop
• Keep your house warm - at least 55 degrees Fahrenheit
• Open cabinet doors under kitchen and bathroom sinks to allow heat to reach the pipes
• Open indoor faucets, hot and cold, to allow a trickle of water
When a Pipe Freezes
• Turn off the main water supply and call a plumber
• Thaw the pipe with warm air - try using a hair dryer or heating pad
• Careful turning water back on - check for cracks
Our Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8am-5:30pm
We would be happy to assist you if you would like more information, or if you need to file a claim during business hours.
If there is an emergency or you need assistance filing a claim after business hours, please contact your insurance company listed below.
ASI/Progressive: 866-274-8765 Ext. 1851
Auto Owners: 888-252-4626
Chubb: 800-252-4670 (personal) or 844-539-3801 (commercial)
State Auto: 877-722-5246 or www.stateauto.com/claims
The Hartford: 800-243-5860 (personal), 800-327-3636 (commercial) or https://www.thehartford.com/claims
Travelers: 800-252-4633 (personal), 800-238-6225 (commercial), or online in your MyTravelers account
West Bend: 800-236-5010, press 4